TOP REASONS WHY BACOLOD IS YOUR DESTINATION
1. Greatly improved accessibility through an airport that connects to the city to Manila 8 times daily through 3 major airlines and a seaport for large cargo and passenger vessels in addition to the fast sea crafts cruising the waters between Iloilo and Bacolod.
2. Upbeat local economy and unlimited opportunities for trade and investments because the city is home to a high percentage of the Philippine’s top 20 corporations;
3. Intensified initiatives towards agri-based diversification like the production of food items, muscovado sugar, organic fertilizers, light farm equipment and home décor;
4. Inexpensive cost of doing business with numerous amenities, facilities and available opportunities;
5. Effective maintenance of clean and green surroundings as evidenced by a HALL OF FAME AWARD as the Cleanest and Greenest Highly Urbanized City in the Philippines.
6. Low percentage of illegal settlers.
7. A systematic traffic planning that offers the luxury of driving through the wide roads in a highly urbanized center;
8. Now considered as the Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing hub of Western Visayas with the presence of
8 major call centers. It is now Rank 3 in the Top Ten Next-Wave Cities (outside Metro Manila and Metro Cebu).
9. Strong involvement and partnership between the government and various private stakeholders plus that legendary hospitality and cuisine that make Bacolod City an ideal place to visit, to work in and much more to live in this lifetime.
10. A stable peace and order condition where incidence of crime is low, there is high police visibility and a crime solution of 97%.
Since 2004, Bacolod City is a recipient of national awards like:
*Best Compliance with Government Mandated Plans (given by the Asian Institute of Management on July 19, 2010)
*Most Business-Friendly City in the Philippines (given by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2007)
*Most Competitive Mid-sized City in the Country (given by Asian Institute of Management in 2005)
*Best Place to Live in the Country (given by MoneySense Magazine)
*Most Child-Friendly City
*Most Disabled-Friendly City
*Best Tourism-Oriented LGU
*Best Performing City in Economic Development