MUSIKARA: THE SEARCH FOR THE 2012 MASSKARA FESTIVAL MUSIC
The Silver MassKara Festival Organization, The MassKara Dance Parade Committee, ABS-CBN and MOR 101.5 are inviting local bands to join MUSIKARA: The Search for The 2012 MassKara Festival Music. MUSIKARA is a songwriting contest among bands who will compose and perform their original MassKara Festival Dance Parade Music depicting not only the City’s attractions, love for merry making, street dancing, and fiesta celebration but also why “Life’s Good In Bacolod” and the reasons why Bacoleños are smiling. The winning song will become the official MassKara Dance Parade Music for 2012.
Phase One - The contest shall be divided into two phases. Phase One’s judging is solely based on the entrants’ submission of a CD of the composition. All composition entries shall be listened to by a panel who will screen and evaluate them using the contest criteria.
1. The song must be an original composition, and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
1.1 Should the organizing committee or its appointed panel of judges find the melody or parts of the melody bear a similarity with any cover song, the entry shall be disqualified.
1.2 Entrant, upon registration shall be asked to sign a declaration, stating that the composition is original, and, by entering, indemnify and hold the organizing committee harmless from, and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
2. The composition may be a collaboration of one to a maximum of three persons or Band members, doing the lyrics and the music.
3. The songwriting competition is open to all amateur and professional bands, and anyone regardless of current residence or address or citizenship.
3.1 Any member or direct family of the Silver MassKara Festival Organization, its Partners, ABS-CBN Bacolod and MOR 101.5, major sponsor/s, or its contracted personnel are disqualified from joining the contest.
4. Interested bands may submit their demo CDs and accomplish registration forms at:
MOR 101.5, ABS-CBN Broadcast Complex, 26th Lacson Streets, Bacolod City
5. The song must be a minimum of at least 6 minutes and a maximum of 8 minutes.
6. The lyrics of the whole song must primarily be in the Ilonggo dialect, and, an option to mix English, to a minimum, may be allowed.
7. The song shall have to be musically arranged and recorded in a danceable upbeat tempo or rhythm.
6.1 The composers/ band members should take into consideration the placement of a rhythmic intro at the start of the song. This is intended to address the ingress of MassKara Dancers to compete for the dance parade contest.
8. The singer or singers, or interpreters, in the recorded version of the song entry, shall be the choice and responsibility of the entrant.
9. It is the responsibility of the entrant, that the submitted CD entry is complete and playable.
10. Submission of the CD and accompanying lyrics, shall be as follows:
10.1 An entrant shall submit two (2) CD copies of the song. The CD should be labeled in indelible ink, with only the name of the song & entry code appearing. No name of the composer/s shall be placed on the CD.
10.2 An entrant shall submit five (5) copies of the lyrics of the song, double spaced in bond paper. Only the title of the song and the lyrics shall be placed in the bond paper. No names of the composer/s should be placed.
10.3 The CDs and the lyrics of the song should be placed in a short size brown envelope, and sealed.
10.4 The registration form for MUSIKARA –The Search for The 2012 MassKara Festival Music should be placed inside the brown envelope.
11. Deadline for submission of entries shall be on August 31, 2012 at 5PM, MOR 101.5, ABS-CBN Broadcast Complex, 26th Lacson Streets, Bacolod City.
12. A Screening Committee/Panel will select the Top Ten entries based primarily on originality, lyrics, music, composition, appeal, and dance potential. Technical quality of recorded performance and production will not be a primary consideration for Phase One.
13. A person joining the contest may submit a maximum of two entries.
14. The Organizing committee is not obliged to return all contest entries.
15. Announcement of the Top Ten entries will be on September 1, 2012
16. The Bands whose entries have been chosen among the Top Ten will perform their compositions live during the Finals on September 7, 2012 at the Bacolod Government Center grounds.
17. The Top Ten Bands must include at least two dancers to interpret the music they will perform to give the judges a visual idea as to its danceability.
18. For PHASE TWO, the criteria for judging are as follows:
a. MUSIC – 30%
b. LYRICS – 30%
c. ORIGINALITY / APPEAL – 10%L
d. DANCEABILITY POTENTIAL – 20%
e. RECALL – 10%
Total of 100%
19. Of all entries submitted, One (1) Grand Winner and nine (9) consolation prize winners will receive awards.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Composers of the winning song shall subject his / her song to possible re-arranging, modification and enhancements by the organizing committee’s appointed arranger/s. The intention is to come up with a professionally arranged song ideal for the 33rd Masskara Dance Parade competition. The organizing committee shall handle the professional fees of its appointed independent arranger/s.
2. The composer/s of the winning song shall grant the Silver MassKara Festival Organizing Committee the right to use the song, in whole or in part, for the 2012 MassKara Festival, disseminating it in all its promotions, media exposures, MassKara activities and its participants for a period of one year, from winning date. Thereafter, use of the song shall require the permission of the composer.
3. SMFO reserves the right to use the winning song , in whole or in part for the MassKara Festival 2012, disseminating it in all its promotions, media exposures, MassKara activities and its participants for a period of 1 year from winning date. Thereafter, use of the song shall require the permission of the composer.
Prizes are as follows:
GRAND PRIZE – P20,000 and Official MassKara Trophy
CONSOLATION – P3,000Read More